The Gun Laws You need to Know
for all 50 states
The 2022 State Guide is Now Available!
Legal Heat’s 50 State Guide to Firearm Laws and Regulations is the easiest, fastest, most comprehensible state-by-state reference guide for concealed carry laws. A compact guide that covers everything from transport laws, legal citations, duty to inform and so much more. Written by attorneys and certified firearm instructors, you’ll always be in the know about where, when and how you can conceal carry in every state!
Each State’s Page Contains The Following Essential Information:
Ratings: Each state has been rated based on its friendliness towards firearms and their owners.
Prohibited Areas: A list of all of the prohibited areas for firearms for each state. This section is essential knowledge for all concealed firearm permit holders.
Reciprocity: A list of all the concealed firearm permits that each state currently recognizes.
Self Defense And Firearm Laws: Statutory references for additional research.
Special Notes: Any special notes that you might need to know about each state.
Also Included Are Sections Dedicated To How To Handle:
- Police Encounters
- Purchasing/Selling A Firearm
- S. Army Corps Of Engineers Property
- National Parks And Monuments
- Transporting A Firearm In Your Vehicle From State To State
- BLM Land
- Indian Reservations
- Castle Doctrines
- May Issue Vs. Shall Issue States
- Contact Information For All Attorney Generals
- And Much More
Know Where You Can’t Carry:
- Airport Secure Areas
- Post Office Property
- Federal Facilities
- Military Bases
- Veteran Affairs Property
- K-12 Schools: Within 1,000 feet of a Public, Parochial or
- Private K-12 School
- Exceptions apply to permit holders IF your permit was issued by the state where the school is located.
- Certain Other Federal Property:
- US Army Corp of Engineers Property
- The Pentagon Reservation
- Government Accountability Office Grounds
- CIA Agency Installation Property
- Certain FEMA Property
- National Military Cemeteries
Register For Your Concealed Weapon/Firearm License (CWFL) Certification Class Now!
Legal Heat firearm classes have trained and educated 400,000 responsible gun owners across Florida. Our Concealed Weapon and Firearm License (CWFL) certification will give you the confidence to carry all while being the safest, easiest and most affordable way to legally get your permit in the state.
Don’t wait one more second. Find a concealed carry class near you today: