It is an unfortunate reality in America today that a gun owner is required to navigate a spiderweb of over 20,000 state and federal firearm laws. Where, how, and when you can carry your firearm are all regulated by many different laws. There are laws that regulate purchases, self-defense, transport, and police encounters, etc. These are just a few examples of what a gun owner needs to know. To make matters worse, these laws change frequently and the consequences for not being up to date on them can land you in prison for many years.
This course was designed by nationally recognized firearm law attorney Phil Nelsen. It is intended to offer an informative and entertaining way for gun owners to learn about crucial state and federal laws.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Anyone who wants to learn more about firearm laws and regulations than what is taught in a standard concealed firearm permit course.
- Those who have had their permit for years but would like to stay up to date on firearm laws.
- Those who recently obtained their permit but feel their class didn't answer all of their legal questions
- Those who do not have a permit but would like to learn more about the laws before they take their class
- Attorneys and other legal professionals who would like to obtain self-study CLE credits (1 hour*).
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A PERMIT CERTIFYING COURSE AND DOES NOT QUALIFY YOU TO OBTAIN A PERMIT. IT IS A CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSE THAT IS DESIGNED FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY HAVE THEIR PERMIT AND WANT TO STAY UP TO DATE ON LAWS, OR THOSE SEEKING A PERMIT WHO WANT ADDITIONAL LEGAL TRAINING. ALTHOUGH THE INSTRUCTOR IS A UTAH LICENSED ATTORNEY, HE IS NOT YOUR ATTORNEY AND IS NOT LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN FLORIDA. ENROLLMENT IN THIS COURSE DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NOTHING HEREIN IS INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE.
*CLE Credits: At the completion of this course you will be issued a certification of completion that shows you completed the course and that Legal Heat believes it may satisfy 1 hour of CLE self-study credit. We do not transmit information regarding your completion to the state and the acceptance of this CLE credit is subject to your governing board's approval.